David Hartzell & Andrew E. Baum – Real Estate Investment and Finance
(This course is available for immediate delivery!)The text examines global property markets and real estate cycles, outlines market fundamentals and explains asset pricing and portfolio theory in the context of real estate. File Size:6.50 MB
- Reviews (0)
David Hartzell & Andrew E. Baum – Real Estate Investment and Finance: Strategies, Structures, Decisions (Wiley Finance)
The fully revised and updated version of the leading textbook on real estate investment, emphasising real estate cycles and the availability and flow of global capital
Real Estate Investment remains the most influential textbook on the subject, used in top-tier colleges and universities worldwide. Its unique, practical perspective on international real estate investment focusses on real-world techniques which measure, benchmark, forecast and manage property investments as an asset class. The text examines global property markets and real estate cycles, outlines market fundamentals and explains asset pricing and portfolio theory in the context of real estate.
In the years since the text’s first publication, conditions in global real estate markets have changed considerably following the financial crisis of 2008-2009. Real estate asset prices have increased past pre-crisis levels, signalling a general market recovery. Previously scarce debt and equity capital is now abundant, while many institutions once averse to acquiring property are re-entering the markets. The latest edition – extensively revised and updated to address current market trends and practices as well as reflect feedback from instructors and students – features new content on real estate development, improved practical examples, expanded case studies and more.
This seminal textbook:
- Emphasises practical solutions to real investing problems rather than complex theory
- Offers substantial new and revised content throughout the text
- Covers topics such as valuation, leasing, mortgages, real estate funds, underwriting and private and public equity real estate
- Features up-to-date sections on performance measurement, real estate debt markets and building and managing real estate portfolios
- Includes access to a re-designed companion website containing numerous problems and solutions, presentation slides and additional instructor and student resources